Published January 2010
Women aged 70 and over are not routinely invited for screening but are encouraged to make their own appointments every three years. These cards are given to women at their last invited screening appointment to remind them to make an appointment and to provide them with a contact number.
Reminder cards can be obtained from the Department of Health publication orderline.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
- About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links