There are five training centres in England which provide specialist training for staff working in breast screening. The training centres work closely with quality assurance directors and with breast screening units to meet the training needs of staff working in the breast screening programme.
South East London National Breast Screening Training Centre
King's College Hospital,
London SE5 9RS
Tel: 020 7346 3870
Jarvis National Breast Screening Training Centre,
Surrey GU1 1LJ
Tel: 01483 783 260
St George's Hospital NHSBSP National Training Centre
The Rose Centre
St George’s Healthcare Trust
St George’s National Breast Education Centre
London SW17 0QT
Tel: 0208 725 1534
Nottingham International Breast Education Centre
Nottingham NG5 1PB
Tel: 0115 969 1689
Manchester Breast Screening Training Unit
Nightingale Centre and Genesis Prevention Centre,
Manchester M23 9LT
Tel: 0161 291 4468
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
- About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links